Friday, July 21, 2006

I first started this blog a few weeks back but left the first post as a draft for far too long, which is why the first two posts are very close datewise

Anyway a friend asked me how i knew that the SolarVenti was being effective. I was tempted to ridicule this question but bit my tongue and thought about it. Apart from no longer having that feeling of a cooler atmosphere that one gets in a damp room/house and no longer smelling traces of mustines and staleness that one senses in the air, what proof did I have? I do not have any scientific instruments.

However, I do possess the cheese stone that remains installed in the corner of the old dairy room that the SolarVenti pumps air into. It used to have a cheese press on top of it - now it is just a grey stone. However this stone is like a piece of seaweed - it is incredible sensitive to humidity and changes colour accordingly. At one time i thought it was a greenish grey stone. It was not until it dried out that I knew the true colour was greyish white when dry! Not very scientific I know but it great visual evidence.

Back to the title, the atmosphere really has changed in the old dairy (now utility) room and the adjoining room (the kitchen). It is now genuinely pleasant to stand in there and take in the air! I reckon those SolarVenti boys are missing a trick here they should be marketing clean, sterilised (by the sun) warm dry air ventilation all year round as well as pushing the dehumidifier angle. The girlfriend says it is a great drying room too!

I must fit the 'off' switch that is supplied if we have any more days like wednesday - record breaking temperature day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home